shabby blog design

About Me

Monday, August 23, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Ivy surprises me constantly with the things she says and does, especially when it comes to our faith. My husband asked her if she was Mexican (like her grandfather), and she said, "I'm not Mexican! I'm Caf'lic!"

But this morning really made me stop and think. I was irritated that I could not find her church shoes as we were rushing to get out the door for Mass. She likes to play dress up with them and tends to lose one of them at any given time. "Ivy," I said tersely, "When you play with your shoes and don't put them back in your closet, it makes me very frustrated."

"Twust in the Lord, mom. He will bless you and keep you," she said sweetly.

Ha! Out of the mouths of babes.... sometimes it takes a 3 year old to remind you of what you already knew, and to give you peace.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is awesome! I can't wait till my kids start talking! What a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete

What has the Holy Spirit inspired you to say?